Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Random Conversation with My Kid about Choices















I hesitated to post this verbal exchange, as it’s not really an appropriate discussion to have with one’s progeny. However, Shan is 18 now and can’t be taken away from me by Social Services. Sooooo.

The other day, while driving, we played a game, as we usually do. Often it’s “name that tune” or “what’s that movie quote.” However, this time we played “Would you rather.” It’s a risqué game that asks you to pick which celebrity/character you’d “be friends with” (if you get my drift) if you had a chance…

Me: “Would you rather… Rick Castle or the Mentalist guy?”

Shan: “Castle.”

Me: “Would you rather… Angel or Spike?”

Shan: “Spike! Duh!”

Me: “Okay. Edward Cullen or that werewolf guy.”

Shan: “Ugh. You know I loathe all things Twilight. If forced at gunpoint, Jacob. Werewolf. Next.”

Me: “Cartman or Stewie?”

Shan: “OMG Lois! Creepy much?”

Me: “Nixay that one… Jon Bon Jovi or Bret Michaels?”

Shan: “Kurt Cobain.”

Me: “He’s dead.”

Shan: “And yet… Kurt Cobain.”

Me: “Ewwww! Okay. Lucky or Dante, from General Hospital.”

Shan: “Hmmm. Lucky on Friday and Dante on Saturday.”

Me: “*cough*SLUT*cough*”

Shan: “Ha ha Mom. This is your game anyways.”

Me: “Not mine, I found it on TMZ.com’s website.”

Shan: “*cough*WEIRD*cough* … My turn. Tiger Woods or Jesse James? (pause) If forced at gunpoint…”

Me: “Sorry. I’m takin’ the bullet on that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment